seeing double

DOUBLE the blessings,
DOUBLE the fun,
DOUBLE the excitement,
We’re expecting more than one!!!!
ultrasound1

WE ARE EXPECTING TWINS!!!!
WE ARE EXPECTING TWINS!!!!!ultrasound5

If I wasn’t at the appointment, I’d have trouble believing it myself!
But, our God is one who knows the desires of your heart and provides BIG when the time is right and in a way that will honor him and bring the most glory to His name!

My mind’s reeling…. my heart is so incredibly full. To see our doctor find those babies, measure them, and track their heartbeats was one of the most spectacular moments of my life. It was amazing.

I love my OB so much… she’s always been amazing. But, when she initially scanned my uterus, I saw two black circles and let out a great big “WHAT!!!!!” lol. I wasn’t expecting two babies. At all. At all. I was so grateful with the thought of just having one. I was so grateful!
IMG_4751What am I most excited about at this moment?  More doctor appointments and being able to see my babies at every single appointment. I wasn’t so thrilled at having to gain TWICE the amount of weight, but now I’m just looking forward to growing healthy babies. Also thrilled that I’ve seemed to have completely avoided morning sickness, nausea, and all forms of pregnancy symptom evil aside from cramps (that are now few and far between) and sore boobies! lol.

At almost 7 weeks (7 on Wednesday), we are still in the “danger zone” of not only miscarriage but also vanishing twin phenomenon. One  of the babes could literally be absorbed into my system between now and week twelve, but that’s not our concern. Not my concern. My concerns center around doing what I can to make sure I am healthy and depending on God for the rest. All of this has been so amazing and unexpected, orchestrated and planned by God. As I pray for these two little buns all I can do is have the faith in Him. I already know that His promises are true. That, yes, I am thought about. That, yes, good things can truly happen to me. That He really does give good gifts to his children!

ultrasound2

Over the past few years I’ve felt so alone, ignored, and pushed to the side by God. It’s been so difficult seeing others’ stories unfold so beautifully even in the midst of their forever long journeys and disappointments. Never quite feeling as if I would have a moment to experience such a joy and finally get off of the merry-go-round that is infertility. But, realizing that that was a part of my plan and that God was thinking of me the entire time…. I’ve never felt so loved by Him. His timing is so good. The details of His plans so meticulous and perfect.

I am so grateful. Still shocked. But, so incredibly thankful at the good God has given us.

… here’s to unexpected surprises? lol.

Post Jam: Your Hands by JJ Heller

Signature

Comments

1. Ashley Odom says:

I guess I’m gonna be tearing up every week at these amazing posts about God’s blessings!! Double the fun is on the way…so happy for ya’ll, AGAIN!!

• Lol! Don’t cry too much!!!! But, weekly posts – Ima try! Something short & sweet! We’ll see!!

2. Cristal Bailey says:

Screaming from excitement! ! Talk about Gid giving you double for your trouble! ! I love it!! You are one amazing testimony! My God is AWESOME! !! I’m super excited for you guys!! God Bless you guys!!♥♥♥

3. This is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! I am so beyond excited for you!!!! Two babies! Two growing babies! Look at you shine!

• Yes, girl! Isn’t that a shocker?! I tell you I almost SCREAMED why I saw those sacs on that screen!!! Lol. I totally asked her to check to make sure there were no more! Lol.

4. Beautiful post. Congratulations!

5. Crystal says:

Everything happens in God’s perfect timing. And you are not alone, we all feel “ignored by God” career, family, finances you name it. We can feel that we are left to figure out this puzzle, with no guidance. He is not sleep and He knows the desires of our hearts. My prayers will be with you. Enjoy your journey

6. Alyssa Smith says:

God is truly amazing! I am so happy for you and TC. Please continue to share along the way as God’s miracles continue to unfold. God bless you and your family!

7. God! Great God! Such a beautiful testament to HIS Faithfulness!!!

8. I’m so happy for you! I don’t know you but the way God has blessed you, gives all of us hope and a constant reminder of his faithfulness. God bless you.

• Oh absolutely…… And, isn’t why we’re here? To share God’s work and his goodness so that we can encourage each other in the faith??? So exciting!! Thank you!

9. Look at God! Congrats to you and TC!

10. Congratulations! Thank you so much for being so open and transparent with your journey. Unashamed Growth is so inspirational and is literally your open book perpetual never ending journey from ‘faith to faith to faith.’ It’s beautiful.

• Aw, thank you so much!!!! It is definitely a faith to faith type experience and a testament to growth and maturity!

11. I’m about to bust of pure happiness for you! I love how God is showing up and showing out in your life. Congrats Alaina, you deserve all the blessings that are coming your way. Sending up daily prayers asking God to cover you and the babies throughout your pregnancy 🙂

12. Wow! I don’t even know you but reading your blog is so refreshing 🙂
    Thank you for being so open about your personal life. Congratulation to you and your hubby. I promise to pray for your twins 🙂 May God continue to bless you.

13. What a beautiful and inspiring testimony! First time reading your blog and I’m bawling my eyes out. So happy for you and your family. Isn’t our God just awesome? His timing is always perfect.

• Ah sweet! But, don’t cry too much!! The story has gotten so much better!! Lol. God is amazing and very, very good!!!

14. Leah wanted to disown me because I asked, “What is that? Scream masks? Lol”

Congrats homie! Ive paid attention from a distance as you know…and this ride has been God #Amazing

• HA-LARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! The funniest responses have been from my friends’ husbands but yours is by far the most hilarious!!! Thanks so much, I appreciate y’all so much!!!! Nothing but God!

15. Krystle Phillips says:

AWWWWWWW HOW AMAZING! DOUBLE THE BLESSINGS!!!! YIPPEEE!! EXCITED, ENCOURAGED, BLESSED! KEEP POSTING THESE AWESOME UPDATES! ALMOST 7 WEEKS! “) “) <3

16. Laura Whitley says:

I can’t express how happy I am for you both! Doing a praise dance in my kitchen right now- Our God is AWESOME!! You are so correct about what you need to be focused on right now.
    Thank so much for sharing your journey and your faithful walk with God. May you be blessed beyond measure!

17. God is so good. I caught a glimpse of your journey when I was randomly looking at pictures on instagram and your website came up. I instantly fell in love with this blog. I am so happy for you and your family. God is always on time and he doubled up your blessings. I will continue to follow and I hope you have an awesome pregnancy!

• Thank you so much!!! God is definitely good!!! And, has showed us that again and again and again!!!! 🙂 thanks for hanging out with us!!

18. Patrice Manning says:

Soooo incredibly happy for you ♥

19. Oh my, I stumbled upon your blog via Instagram, and have been taken away by your story!!! How awesome of you to be so transparent through your journey and sharing it with the world! I’ve literally sat and just read and read and God has some personality doesn’t he??? I pray a safe and smooth pregnancy for you and your babies, congratulations to you and your husband! #mustardseedfaith

20. Courtney M. says:

Congratulations

21. I was led to your blog from a friend and am loving it! What a beautiful blessing of not one baby, but two!!
    It seems very obvious to me that you will enjoy this pregnancy, whether you d up with morning sickness, exhaustion, or just nothing but a smooth and gentle pregnancy!
    Praying that not one, but both babies continue to grow, big and strong, and that in a few months you’ll be holding those sweet babies in your arms, inhaling their scent, nurturing them, and just loving the blessings God has given you!!

Trackbacks

1. 10 weeks! says:

[…] literally up until my appointment yesterday, I was terrified of losing both or one of them. Back here, I talked about how Dr. O says that there was a possibility that one could vanish. I was on pins […]

2. […] that came before May 2014… When I posted this… then this…. then, ultimately, this after everything was confirmed. What a month that was… It’s amazing how quickly […]